To Do Lists
vernetticreative.com email forwarding
I am unclear whether this expires on May 15, 2015 or Feb 18, 2016. Will need to check in late May and, if not working, decide if we need to renew.
Notifications on Social Media
Look at automatic posts on social media when new post is made on
Blog.Following, Comments and Subscriptions
Propose a strategy
English Page Edits
Marilyn will do some editing/organization
Review Comments: Look those comments above related to how I do things and let me know if you want anything different done
There are some translations needed and I would do it badly; so you need to look at these. The following come to mind.
There are now two – one English and one French; can you provide translation for French one. This should include the title (“Contactez-nous” ?)
- The item that is “Pascale Vernetti” is “About” on the English menu (normal usage). Is there a French word that is usual in this case
- We should change the title of the French contact page : Contact
- Any other changes?
Edit of French Pages
Some of the editing Marilyn will do will be about organization and consistency – same person throughout for example. Once this is done, you may want to review the French pages in the same light
Look at site itself, Doug’s to do list and notes below. Suggest changes if any.
I am editing the main page of the site
The following summarize some features of and decisions I made concerning of the website
Admin and Editing Accounts
I will provide sign in information for three users:
- Admin: A “Super User” who can change anything. Normally, I or anyone else who might manage the site in the future would use this account
- Two accounts with esiting privileges (one for Marilyn and one for Pascale) which have the ability to create pages and articles but won’t let you do dangerous things
Categories and Tags
Based on what I have read the best use of tags is to further subdivide categories, For example, in a news site, “Sports” might be a category and individual articles might be tagged with the particular sport they are about (football, golf, etc.). As there will not be a huge number of articles on this site, tags don’t seem necessary and I have eliminated them.
Tags can always be brought back later if necessary.
In addition to cleaning up duplication, Marilyn will do an edit on the English pages
Separate English and French Sections
The top bar now points to appropriate sections with a flag to switch from one language to another.
Pages are the static things that don’t change and are usually pointed at in the top menu. If pages are added, the following two steps are necessary:
- Assign the page to the parent English or FRançais as appropriate– no parent is necessary for the French page
- If it is to appear in the Top Menu (done in the Appearance -> Menu section), the admin user needs to adds it to the right menu (English for English pages and Main for French pages)
When you create the pages (perhaps leaving them as drafts), I can look after the publishing and menu aspects.
Comments on Pages
The site was allowing user comments on pages. They are now disabled. Comments are open for Blog posts though.
Getting access to site statistics : I cannot do it …